Booking Terms and Conditions
TROPICSURF BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Tropicsurf acts as an agent for resorts in the arrangement of travel and accommodation services. All bookings are made subject to Resort’s terms and conditions outlined below. If Resort is unable to meet the terms and conditions upon which the guest contracted, the guest’s only claim is one against Resort, and not against Tropicsurf.
- A non-refundable deposit will be charged at the time of reservation. Reservations cannot be changed once they have been confirmed by the third-party accommodation service provider (Resort). Tropicsurf will retain the full amount of the deposit in cases of cancellation or where the individual or group does not arrive for their scheduled reservation (no-show).
- Once a reservation is confirmed by Resort, no name or date changes will be permitted without prior authorization from Resort. The reservation request for the new set of dates will be subject to rate and room category availability.
- In the event of late payment according to the quoted payment schedule, the booking can no longer be guaranteed as confirmed. Late payment may lead to automatic cancellations by the Resort. In such an event, Tropicsurf will not be liable for cancelled bookings and deposits remain non-refundable.
- The price quoted does not include any applicable property gratuities, charges for optional incidentals (such as minibar snacks or telephone calls), or regulatory surcharges. The Resort will assess these fees, charges, and surcharges upon check-out. All guests are required to provide credit card upon check in at the resort as guarantee for incidentals.
- Specific room, villa or residence numbers cannot be guaranteed.
- In the event that the individual or entire groups do not arrive (no-show), arrive later than the confirmed arrival date (late check-in), or departs earlier than the confirmed departure date (early check-out) the guest shall be held responsible for payment for the full originally booked length of stay.
- It is the guest’s responsibility to carry a valid passport and to obtain the appropriate visas when travelling abroad. Passports must be valid for a minimum of 6 months beyond your date of arrival.
- Due to the open design and proximity to water of over-water bungalows, some Resorts strongly discourage guests with children below the age of ten years from staying in water units. If guests insist on this type of accommodation, the Resort may require the signing of a liability release agreement.
- It is the responsibility of every guest (including individuals, companies and other legal entities) to assess their own insurance requirements and to organise appropriate insurance. In the event of failure of any guest (individual, company or other legal entity) to comply with these insurance conditions and requirements or to organise appropriate travel insurance then neither Tropicsurf, nor its officers or employees, nor any third party contracted by these companies, shall be liable in any way for any loss injury, illness, or damages, expenses or costs arising from any incident while travelling to, at the Resort or while engaging in activities or excursions.
- All local and government fees and service charges are subject to change without prior notice. Should the local authorities and/or government increase the types or rates of taxes; the Resort will apply and enforce the new taxes or rates. Resort shall provide the guest with the tax rates applicable to rooms. Resort is solely responsible for the accuracy of such tax rate information and for the accuracy of any changes submitted to Tropicsurf and the guest.
- The Resort reserves the right to carry out repairs, renovations or preventative maintenance programmes in order to keep the property in good condition for guests. In the event of unforeseen circumstances of any reason where the Resort is unable to accommodate confirmed bookings the Resort will, at its expense, find alternative accommodation onsite or in a comparable resort.
- In the event of relocation, the Resort shall treat any guest equal to or better than Resort treats any other Resort guest, including, without limitation, how Resort handles overbooking (i.e. “walk”) situations. If Resort is unable to honour a guest’s reservation after all other efforts to relocate direct bookings and other guests have been made by Resort, then Resort shall immediately notify the guest of such inability, relocate the guest to a property that is of an equal star quality rating to Resort, prepay or make other arrangements to cover the room charges at such property for first night room and tax and all transportation costs to such property.
- Tropicsurf will not be held responsible for failure to execute obligations specified herein directly or indirectly occasioned by or through or in consequence of war, change of laws, strikes, riots, pandemics, epidemics, and acts of God, or conditions beyond the control of either party.
- All surfers are required to complete and sign the Tropicsurf participation form and risk acceptance before participating in the Resort surf program. In the event of poor weather or poor surf, the guest shall have no claim against Tropicsurf or the Resort.
- Tropicsurf accepts no liability for any injury, loss, damage, accident, delay or irregularity that may arise to any guest or third party resulting from the guest or third party’s use of Resort’s travel and accommodation services of which Tropicsurf has no control. As agents for these Resorts, Tropicsurf does not take responsibility for any omission, default, neglect or accuracy of any information or statement made by them.
- Tropicsurf’s travel advice relating to accommodations is based on information provided by the Resort and their representatives. Tropicsurf will not verify, and cannot guarantee, that all information is accurate and up to date nor can Tropicsurf be held responsible for any errors including misleading, untrue or incomplete information. Each Resort remains responsible for the accuracy and completeness of the information provided to Tropicsurf.
- Tropicsurf reserves the right to refuse or cancel bookings for any legal reason. Reasons for refusal of bookings include, but are not limited to, suspicion of fraud, misconduct, inappropriate behaviour or any other action or circumstance that raises suspicion.
- Tropicsurf also reserves the right to cancel, make adjustments to, or reject a booking because of a “clear inadvertent error”. A clear inadvertent error is a mistake that does not originate from the Resort and that is obvious to the extent that a reasonable person would consider it to be a mistake. This includes, but is not limited to, errors in quote pricing and inclusions. Whether to cancel or reject a booking as a result of a “clear inadvertent error” is at Tropicsurf’s sole discretion.
- By entering into a contract with Tropicsurf, consumers voluntarily submit themselves to the exclusive jurisdiction of the country where Tropicsurf is registered.
In addition to the above RESORT BOOKINGS terms and conditions which apply in full to VESSEL BOOKINGS, the following terms and conditions also apply:
- There are no refunds or partial refunds given for poor surf, inclement weather, airline related delays or cancellations and late departures from a designated trip date or itinerary.
- Any guest who misses a connection to the Vessel due to cancelled or delayed or missed flights will be transferred to the vessel at an additional charge equal to the cost of this transfer/handling.
- The Vessel or the Master shall have the liberty to deviate from the scheduled route, return back to or into, or call or stop, or omit to call or stop, at any port or place (on land or at sea) in or out of the route of the usual, advertised or scheduled voyage, even though doing so may involve going backwards or away from the port of destination. These things may be done for any reasons that are sufficient in the judgement of the Vessel or the Master, including but not limited to, offering or rendering assistance in every effort to preserve life or property.
- The Vessel and the Master shall have liberty to comply with all orders given by competent governmental authorities and underwriters of the Vessel.
- If the Vessel’s voyage is interrupted or if the Vessel is unduly delayed or prevented from proceeding in the ordinary course by the following circumstances, the Vessel reserves the right to terminate the voyage at any time without notice. In that event, the guest will be notified as soon as possible and offered a choice of an alternative sailing date. Such circumstances would be: Acts of God, perils of the sea, technical defects, un-navigable waters, an act of government or ruling authority, epidemics, collision, stranding, fire, an incident under the management of another vessel, seizure of the Vessel under legal process, any abrupt or unexpected increase in the cost of fuel or shortage of fuel, war, hostilities, riots, or labour stoppages, or any other cause or circumstance which is beyond the Vessel’s responsibility and control.
- Specific to the Four Seasons Explorer in the Maldives, if the Vessel’s voyage is interrupted or if the Vessel is unduly delayed or prevented from proceeding in the ordinary course by the following circumstances, the Vessel reserves the right to terminate the voyage at any time without notice. In that event, the guest will be notified as soon as possible and offered a choice of an alternative sailing date or a stay at Four Seasons Kuda Huraa for the unconsumed duration of the originally booked cruise (inclusive of accommodation, transfers and full board) as well as daily private speedboat transfers to North and South Male surf breaks. Such circumstances would be: Acts of God, perils of the sea, technical defects, un-navigable waters, an act of government or ruling authority, epidemics, collision, stranding, fire, an incident under the management of another vessel, seizure of the Vessel under legal process, any abrupt or unexpected increase in the cost of fuel or shortage of fuel, war, hostilities, riots, or labour stoppages or any other cause or circumstance which is beyond the Vessel’s responsibility and control.